Are you passionate about communicating ideas and solutions to potential customers in creative, visually compelling ways?
Do you get excited about web design AND development?
Then you might be a Symbiont.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Symbiont Group is looking for a Freelance Web Designer + Developer to support our creative team. Working with our Visual Designer, you will be responsible for taking mockup designs and building fully responsive sites. The ideal candidate for this position is experienced in creating websites both “from scratch” and also within CMS platforms.
We expect that you’re self-motivated, highly organized, and excited to deliver high quality work on time, every time.
Under the direction of the Visual Designer and project leads, our freelance Web Designer + Developer will:
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize site for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Present your work to our internal team, sometimes client-facing
- Manage and complete projects within tight deadlines
- Experience designing “from scratch” as well as in CMS platforms, such as WordPress or Hubspot
- Expert understanding and execution of responsive design
- Knowledge of current and standard UI/UX design trends
- Proficient understanding of web markup, HTML5, CSS3
- Light graphics capabilities and understanding of Adobe Photoshop and XD, Sketch, or similar
- Strong communication skills – clearly articulated progress updates, and some insight into your process/decisions made when working on a project
- Team player – ability to take direction, offer feedback and work collaboratively
- Diverse portfolio of website design work
- Bachelor’s degree in digital or computer science, graphic design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of digital marketing design experience for an in-house marketing department or digital agency
- Local Chicagoland candidates only
We help B2B companies connect, engage, retain, reactivate and sell MORE through targeted sales and marketing campaigns.