Do you love transforming ho-hum copy into illuminating prose?
Do you dream of peace between Oxford comma purists and progressive AP stylists?
Then you might be a Symbiont.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Symbiont Group is looking for a freelance copywriter with a keen ability to craft persuasive, compelling and accurate copy for a variety of clients, audiences and mediums.
The position requires a solid background in B2B marketing and copywriting, as well as a strong attention to detail and brand standards.
Ideal candidates are clever, creative, collaborative and efficient. Bonus points for those interested in learning and writing about complex industry topics.
Under the direction of a content strategist and/or project lead, our freelance copywriter will:
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with other members of the Symbiont creative team
- Conduct interviews and research on content subject matter
- Write copy for digital and print mediums including, but not limited to, websites, social media, email and direct mail campaigns, case studies, blog posts, white papers, sell sheets and sales presentations
- Ensure copy is consistent with clients’ existing materials and maintains established brand voice
- Present copy drafts to Symbiont team (and, possibly, client team) to elicit feedback
- Revise and rework copy based on feedback received until copy is approved
- 3+ years of experience in B2B marketing and copywriting
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to quickly onboard with new clients and write copy for different tones of voice
- Ability to deliver, receive and incorporate feedback
- Prior agency experience a plus
- Please provide your resume and a link to your portfolio website
- Local Chicagoland candidates, preferred
We help B2B companies connect, engage, retain, reactivate and sell MORE through targeted sales and marketing campaigns.